[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
ALS-SIM.com • View topic - Cold start

Cold start

Flanker B support

Cold start

Postby kdc » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:43 pm

Does anyone know how to beging from a cold start?
I have seen screen shots where chocks and access ladder are visible on the areoplane, I assume before and after a flight??
Don't know how to access this feature, anyone have ideas on the subject??
kdc
kdc

Re: Cold start

Postby markharper » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi,
I did not set the custom variables to display the ladder, FOD shield etc from start-up as you need to "save a flight" with engines off etc for that function to work - and it does cause problems for some users with custom gauges/ad-ons etc.
If you wish to see the functions then simply load your custom "free flight" at whatever location you wish but I would suggest a "mil parking ramp" then shut down the engines and turn off all avionics and electrical systems. The ladder, flap droop, intake guards etc will show when certain parameters are "true"
We could have done a "cold start" variable but to be honest I get a real "grump on" when I have purchased something or installed a freeware aircraft and I am eager to look it over but the blo**y thing just will not fire up or start it's engines and nothing works. OK I know that some “simmers” like this but for me I would like a choice so that when I start the sim and by loading a flight plan and going to the departure point I can then shut down. At least you will then know how to start the bugger but more important - if you just wish to amuse yourself for 20 mins or so then the pane is ready rather than spend “x-amount” of time sorting out start-up and electrical procedures and then lose interest and have to go to work.
I am open to suggestions on this regarding updates and future projects but I feel that most would like to "dip in - dip out" rather than spend 20mins or so just to start the aircraft.
Some of my other stuff does have “systems” built in but most do not even know they are there or available after 3 or 4 years _ they just want to do screen shots or change a badge and call it a re-paint.
As I said I am open to suggestions or ideas but I cannot guarantee they will be implemented but you never know.
Regards
markharper
Site Admin

Postby kdc » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi Mark,
Thanks once again for the help and advice, it was useful. This flight sim is so dam good I just want to get the most out of it!!!
I will try and set up my own procedure for for cold start, but like you said, I would always want to spend my time in the air.
We are all awaiting you for the next development with baited breath!
Kind Regards
Kdc
kdc

Postby fsafranek » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Sorry, just saw this thread. I did include an Engine Startup Procedure on page 23 of the manual.
25 steps so that should take a few minutes. :)
Frank Safranek
fsafranek

Return to SU-27 Flanker for FSX