Airbrake

Flanker B support

Airbrake

Postby kdc » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:12 am

Hi All,
I might being stupid, but can you advise me as to where the switch control is for the airbrake, I have looked everywhere in the cockpit but can't see it!.
It must be there somewhere as I have been able to map the switch into my joystick.
Thank you
KDC
kdc

Re: Airbrake

Postby markharper » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi,
The Airbrake is the dark switch on throttle 1. Mouse drag or wheel activates it or as you point out a "key event". Also both throttles can opperate independant if you have a dual throttle control or with diffuclty with the mouse.
The flight manual shows the speed brake switch on the throttle so that is where it was modelled. It is really more benificial if you have seperate stick and dual throttles (I don't) or a programmable flight controller. Also with the mouse you can adjust its opening position. Hope that helps.
markharper
Site Admin

Postby kdc » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:02 am

Thank you Mark,
I have a Saitek X65F stick with dual throttle control, so I should be able to set up seperate throttle control.
kdc

Postby kdc » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:16 am

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the info, yep Iv'e got it now, Just need to look harder!!!
Interested to learn about seperate throttle controls.
Thanks again (kim)
kdc

Postby markharper » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Until I can scrape enough funds to purchase such exotic flight sim control systems I can only guess. So map throttle 1 to a node and throttle 2 to another node. Remember that FSX sets up throttle (and other) variables with separate numbering for the SDK and compile as it uses in the aircraft config. Strange and irritating I know but in the config file for instance Fuel tank one is not fuel tan 1 in the model.
I would suggest getting it to work with a default dual engine/throttle aircraft then try it with the Flanker. The F18 should work if they have animated the throttles as separate parts. I tested it on the Flanker by using the mouse to slide the throttles and that worked but let me know if you get problems. In FSDS when you model it ignores certain parts the have "copy" in the XML script so you have to basically copy the part and re-name it to something else and use the correct variable. Hope I got it right
markharper
Site Admin

Postby markharper » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:32 pm

B.T.W. As you clearly love the SU aircraft I am trying to work out some stuff for the forthcoming new Mirage sets but if I succeed then I will open the doors for realistic systems for the SU34 which is just waiting code for parts but is a finished model. I also intend to increase the detail on each subsequent release until the PC or Sim grounds to a halt.
markharper
Site Admin

Postby kdc » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi Mark,
Many thanks for the info regarding the throttle controls, see what I can do.
The news about the SU34 is very exciting, looking forward to flying the aircraft above the skies of East Devon soon.
Keep up the good work
Kim
kdc

Return to SU-27 Flanker for FSX