Getting License Invalid message within FSX

Flanker B support

Getting License Invalid message within FSX

Postby msarmst » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:11 pm

Hi - getting Invalid License message from within FSX after installing SU-27. Have followed suggestions made in the Activation topic, i.e., UAC enablement, logged on as administrator, confirmed the als-sim.dll/GaugeSoundd.ll were in the root FSX folder, and that ALS_B.Lic was in the "Windows" folder. Have installed several times, followed removal instructions etc..but no joy!

Can you point out what I need to do to have a successful install and enjoy your product?

Thanks!

Mark Armstrong
msarmst

Re: Getting License Invalid message within FSX

Postby markharper » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:43 pm

Sorry for the late reply. Have you read the post about install issue?
Can you please let me know what opperating system you are using and details of the root folder for FSX.
markharper
Site Admin

Postby msarmst » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:32 pm

Mark - I use Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. The root folder for FSX gets installed to the following path: Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/. From this point you have the Addon Scernery File and then all the customary files afterward.

In your reply you ask "Have you read the post about install issue?" If you mean the post called "Activation of SU-27", yes I have read it. When I experience problems installing a product I always check the forums first. I was experiencing the same problems as described in the post exactly. I have checked and I have Administrator rights and UAC on before I installed the SU-27. Afterwards I made sure that the als-sim.dll and GaugeSound.dll were in the root FSX folder and that the ALS_Flanker_B.lic is was in the "Windows" folder.

The install seems to go normally; the flight1 wrapper recognizes I have a valid license etc...but everytime I install then turn on FSX I receive the "Invalid License" Contact Customer Support message. I have exhausted everything I know to properly install your product. Do you think having a 64 bit OS is the issue?

Mark A.
msarmst

Postby markharper » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:39 am

It is certainly not a 64 bit O/S issue. It is strange as your setup is more or less the same as others who do not have a problem. All I can suggest is email me and I will see if I can resolve this.
Regards
markharper
Site Admin

Postby msarmst » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:36 am

Mark - my bad. Everything is working now. I went back and checked on locations of the files and license. Turns out I did not have the ALS_Flanker_B.lic file in the Windows folder per the guidance. I have never had to place a file in the Windows folder before - so now I know. Nice plane by the way! Regards Mark Armstrong.
msarmst

Return to SU-27 Flanker for FSX