Multiplayer compatibility

Flanker B support

Multiplayer compatibility

Postby SCARP » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:10 pm

First off, thanks for a wonderfull aircraft, been waiting for a flanker for the longest time now and what a relief that it also was an exellent version...well almost.

My problem is, that when in a multiplayer enviroment, I see other users of the flanker as just some 'select few parts' flying around while most of the plane is invisible if I am flying in a different plane than the flanker. The same thing happens when I tried to make a movie with fsrecorder, first I recorded the flanker's track, jumped into a f-16 to fly in formation with the flanker....but it's hard to do since the flanker employs some new stealth technology with just a few parts visible apparently :)

Hope there is a way to fix this!

Cheers :)
SCARP

Re: Multiplayer compatibility

Postby markharper » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:51 pm

The soultion is that a gauge has to be added to every aircraft that you wish to use M/P on. You need to add = gauge10=als_flanker!LICENCE, 429,919,71,59 as the last entry in the VC or window01 etc config file for that aircraft. "gauge**=" being the last sequential number on the list so if the last gauge is 33 then it would be gauge34=als_flanker!LICENCE, 2,2,2,2
It is a work around that affects other products as well and it is regarding the security wrapper on the product. I am afraid this will not be changed. Also you should have the gauge in the root gauges folder in FSX if I have compiled the MSI correctly. I believe a similar problem was had by other aircraft protected in a similar way and a post was made at SimOuthouse. I will see if I can locate the thread and post a link.
markharper
Site Admin

Postby SCARP » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:55 pm

Thanks, I'll try that :)
SCARP

Postby markharper » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:44 am

Also copy the gauge "als_flanker.dll" into the gauge folder of each aircraft if this does not work.
markharper
Site Admin

Return to SU-27 Flanker for FSX