Great Job on Your Flanker

Flanker B support

Great Job on Your Flanker

Postby fox18fox » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:56 pm

I am "wowed' by your product !

Great view from the VC, making it fun to tour on the deck (but I really wish I could see the wing behind my shoulder, maybe a future fix? )

Wonderful for aerobatics...enjoying tail-slides, Cobras and the like.

Flight model, fantastic !

In the RW, a big jet with two big motors, but its heavy and your flight model does not allow the "specs" power to overwhelm its mass, especially when slow. You are one of the few fast jet products in FSX to model that...and I cannot think of one that does it better. Nice job there.

I have many other fast jets in my FSX hangar...its not easy finding time for them now.

Thank you for the SU-27.

Any plans for other versions of the '27 ?

paul
fox18fox

Re: Great Job on Your Flanker

Postby markharper » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:03 am

Other varients of "Flankers" are in build. The SU34 was done before I even did the old Flankers a few years ago released by A.N.Other but I never got round to releasing it. It is currently being "re-built" but it will take some time.
John Cagle did the flight model on this and he worked very hard to achieve a good balance in the sim - genius in fact.
Also when he gets the time he will be working on the FDE for the new versions of the Mirages which I am currently re-working - especially the VC's.
I also have the Kuznetsov now in FSX and that has been "super detailed" so when I know for certain what the current upgrade standard is on the K or SU33 happening is Russia at the moment that might well get released when the model is re-built. It would be nice to add a Helo or a Frogfoot to complement the air wing.
Many thanks
markharper
Site Admin

Re: Great Job on Your Flanker

Postby fox18fox » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:51 pm

All nice ideas.
Very much looking forward to your future releases

Please give us an over the shoulder view of the wings from the VC..I would love that.

Also, having spent time around Mig-29s a few years back... I remember smoke coming out of panels above or below, on the fuslegae , near the motors, during run-ups...it was quite noteworthy.
I believe most -27s do the same ..you can see some of that at 7:20 in the video below. Have never seen a Western fighter do that, or a fighter in FSX. Maybe an idea. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9By6bPn3DM

All the best to you

paul
fox18fox

Return to SU-27 Flanker for FSX